This page is a work in progress. If you have suggestions to add, please use the form (coming soon) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Government COVID-19 hotlines:
- Ontario Telehealth (read notice) 1-866-797-0000 / TTY: 1-866-797-0007
- Services Québec (web info) 819-644-4545 / 1-877-644-4545 / TTY 1-800-361-9596
- Canada.ca/coronavirus 1-877-784-4397
Ottawa-Gatineau and region: Applicable hotlines
(Disclaimer: These are run by various organizations or ad-hoc groups)
- Distress Centre 24 Hr Crisis Line: 613-238-3311
- Violence Against Women – COVID-19 Services Directory
Listings of hotlines, shelters, counselling and support, and other community resources, compiled by Ottawa Coalition To End Violence Against Women
- (General Directory) Crisis Lines, Warm Lines, Emergency and Crisis Services
Directory of community resources, compiled by Psychiatric Survivors of Ottawa
- A Friendly Voice / Une voix amicale 613-692-9992 or 1-855-892-9992
A phone line for seniors / Une ligne téléphonique pour les personnes agées.
Offered Ontario by Rural Ottawa South Support Services. Read article.
- Overdose Prevention Line (O.P.L) 1-888-853-8542
A number you can call if you are about to use drugs and are located in Ontario. A peer development initiative offered by Grenfell Ministries. More info on OPL website.
- Workers Rights Action Project hotline for Ottawa 613-981-3606
Information and support: Questions or concerns about your rights, health, safety, or income support related to COVID-19? Open for calls Mondays and Thursdays 6-9pm, or, Text / WhatsApp / leave a voicemail anytime and get a response then. Languages: EN/ FR/ Spanish/ Punjabi/ Somali/ Tagalog. Contact: email@example.com, @wrapottawa
- COVID-19 Employment Law Helpline 613-238-8080
Quick answers and information related to all areas of employment law, for both employees and employers. Offered by Nelligan Law. See the information website first.
- Migrant Workers Alliance For Change hotlines
Help and advice on immigration, work and finances. Based in Ontario, but can help broadly. Call, text or WhatsApp:
* Migrant Care Workers: 647-782-6633
* Migrant Farm Workers: 905-324-2840 (English), 289-990-4519 (Español)
* Migrant Students: 647-858-2854
* No status? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org